EncryptPad is an application for viewing and editing symmetrically encrypted text. Using a simple and convenient graphical and command line interface, EncryptPad provides a tool for encrypting and decrypting binary files on disk while offering effective measures for protecting information, and it uses the most widely chosen quality file format **OpenPGP**.
Unlike other OpenPGP software which main purpose is asymmetric encryption, the primary focus of EncryptPad is symmetric encryption.
Why use EncryptPad?
* Multi-platform codebase: it has been compiled on three popular operating systems and can be adapted to more.
* Portable: simply copy the executable to a memory stick or a network drive and use on all your computers.
* Simple to use: EncryptPad is a text editor and an encryption tool for binary files but it saves encrypted, compressed and integrity protected files.
* Open source with concise codebase: you can read the code or ask somebody you trust to read it for you to ensure that there are no back doors and your information is safe.
* OpenPGP file format: you can encrypt a file with another tool (gpg for example) implementing the format and open it with EncryptPad and vice versa.
* Double protection: randomly generated key files in addition to passphrases.
* Symmetric encryption
* Passphrase protection
* Key file protection
* Combination of passphrase and key file
* Random key file generator
* Key repository in a hidden directory in the users home folder
* Path to a key file can be stored in an encrypted file. If enabled, you do not need to specify the key file every time you open files.
* Encryption of binary files (images, videos, archives etc.)
* Read only mode to prevent accidental file modification
* UTF8 text encoding
* Windows/Unix configurable line endings
* Customisable passphrase generator helps create strong random passphrases.
* File format compatible with OpenPGP
* Iterated and salted S2K
* Passphrases are not kept in the memory for reuse, only S2K results (more ...)
* Cipher algorithms: CAST5, TripleDES, AES128, AES256
* Hash algorithms: SHA-1, SHA-256, SHA-512
* Integrity protection: SHA-1
* Compression: ZLIB, ZIP
* Large multi-gigabyte files are supported
Versions EncryptPad for Linux
ver: 4.0.2 / Aug 10.2018
Screenshots EncryptPad for Linux