Skim is a viewer for Portable Document Format (PDF) files, intended for easy reading and studying PDF documents.
You can search PDF files, bookmark them, add notes, highlight sections, and take snapshot for easy reference. Skim can also open PostScript (PS) files, converting them to PDF.
In addition, with Skim you can fully concentrate on reading the PDF file in a powerfull full screen mode, or give full screen presentations of your PDF file.
* Viewing PDFs
* Adding and editing notes
* Highlighting important text, including one-swipe highlight modes
* Making snapshots for easy reference
* Navigation using table of contents or thumbnails, with visual history
* View all your notes and highlights
* Convenient reading in full screen
* Giving powerful presentations, with built-in transitions
* Handy preview of internal links
* Focus using a reading bar
* Magnification tool
* Smart cropping tools
* Extensive AppleScript support
* Saving passwords in Keychain
* Export notes as text
* Automatic download of remote PDFs
* Support for Apple Remote Control
* Interaction with LaTeX, SyncTeX, and PDFSync
* Integration with BibDesk and other third party applications
* Spotlight support
* Highly customizable
* And much more...
Versions Skim for Mac
ver: 1.4.36 / Aug 14.2018
Screenshots Skim for Mac
Perfect for reading and annotating scientific PDF articles!
This is literally the best pdf reader/annotator on macOS. Preview is simple in functionality, which is also good, but if you want just a little bit more functions, Skim is the one to go!
This application is an excellent tool for students, and any other professionals and non-professionals who needs to annotate their pdfs. It provides full sets of tools for storing your ideas while reading them. This is the best alternative to the default pdf viewer. Highly recommended!