AllDup is a tool that will find duplicate files on your system, and allow you to delete any that you dont need.
The program is supremely configurable. You can tell it which drives and folders youd like it to examine, and filters make it easy to search for particular file types only. You can choose to compare files by any combination of name, extension, size, content, last modified date and more.
All these options dont seem to slow AllDup down, though, and the program generally delivered speedy results for us. Even when this isnt possible - youre scanning a huge external USB drive, say - it doesnt feel slow as the program delivers good feedback, with a progress meter revealing how much longer youll have to wait, and how many duplicates have been found so far.
And once the search is complete, then you get a host of options to select files and delete any that you dont need. Pay attention and take the time to learn how the program works, and itll help you analyse your hard drives and free up a great deal of space.
* Export the search result to TXT or CSV file
* Many flexible options helps you to select unnecessary duplicates automatically
* For your safety all files that have to be deleted can be moved to the Recycle Bin or a separate backup folder
* The built-in file viewer allows you to preview many different file formats and analyze the content of the file before deciding what to do with it
* Find duplicates with a combination of the following criteria: file content, file name, file extension, file dates and file attributes!
* Create shortcuts or hardlinks to the last original file
* Search for files with similar names
* Ignore the EXIF data of JPEG files
* Search through an unlimited number of files and folders
* The unnecessary duplicates can be deleted permanently or copied/moved to a folder of your choice
* Entire folders or individual files can be excluded from the search by masks or size conditions
* Search for duplicates of digital photo files
* Search for hard links
* Search is performed in multiple specified folders, drives, media storages, CD/DVDs...
* Search for duplicates of executable and any other files
* Ignore the ID3 tags of MP3 files
* Ignore the meta data of FLAC files
* List non-duplicate files
* Search for similiar pictures
* Convenient search result list
* Detailed log file about all actions
* Fast search algorithm
* Search for duplicates of music and video files
Would be great to be able to see this software!