FileLocator offers extensive types search tools for a variety of file types to find one specific data.
FileLocator basic interface allows for using Boolean searches, regular expressions or exact word matches to find particular file names and content within those files.
Matching file name results display in the lower left, with details such as location, size and file creation time.
FileLocator has a well-laid out help file, as well as a wizard that can help construct your search terms. This file management utility also allows for saving your carefully constructed searches for later use, or exporting search results to a variety of formats, including tab separated, XML or HTML.
If you need full featured searches, FileLocator Pro could prove an effective spotlight, and can do much more than Windows Search.
* Immediate results : Found text is shown with highlighted keywords so you dont need to waste time opening each file looking for the right information.
* Boolean expressions : Combine search terms using the familiar Boolean operators AND, OR, NOT.
* Office formats : Support for popular Office formats including Office 2010 and OpenOffice.
* Fast searching : Highly efficient search algorithms mean that you spend less time waiting for results.
* Printing and Exporting : Results can be shared with others through reports, printing and exporting.
Screenshots FileLocator Lite
This is a must have utility for every one of my Windows systems.
Agent Ransack is indispensable as a fast and intuitive alternative to Windows 7 search.