Highlight converts sourcecode to HTML, XHTML, RTF, LaTeX, TeX, SVG, BBCode and terminal escape sequences with coloured syntax highlighting. Language definitions and colour themes are customizable.
Highlight was designed to offer a flexible but easy to use syntax highlighter for several output formats. Instead of hardcoding syntax or colouring information, all relevant data is stored in configuration scripts. These scripts may be altered or enhanced with plug-in scripts.
* highlighting of keywords, types, strings, numbers, escape sequences, comments, operators and preprocessor directives
* coloured output in HTML, XHTML 1.1, RTF, TeX, LaTeX, SVG, BBCode and terminal escape sequences
* supports referenced stylesheet files for HTML, LaTeX, TeX or SVG output
* syntax elements are defined as regular expressions or plain string lists
* customizable keyword groups
* recognition of nested languages within a file
* all configuration files are Lua scripts
* supports plug-in scripts to tweak language definitions and themes
* reformatting and indentation of C, C++, C# and Java source code
* wrapping of long lines
* configurable output of line numbers
A very useful, complete and well-done software