There are a lot of reasons why public and private institutions and companies are already using ILIAS:
- A powerful system for web-based teaching and learning.
- A multi-purpose tool that can be used as a flexible course player, as an authoring tool, but also as a communication and collaboration platform.
- ILIAS is strongly respecting standards and was the first Open Source LMS that has been certified as SCORM 1.2 and SCORM 2004 compliant.
- ILIAS is open source software published under the General Public Licence and free of charge for every institution and organisation - no matter if 100 or 100 000 users are using the software.
- A secure LMS that has been certified by NATO and is allowed to be used in NATO's high security intranet.