Free audio editor mp3DirectCut does much more than just cut audio files, you can also use it to make a new recording, normalize volume, apply fades, detect pauses, and create cue sheets, all without re-encoding the file.
This is all particularly impressive because MP3DirectCut is the work of just one man: Martin Pesch.
I like to use this audio editor, because its easy to use, have a nice versatility and you can also count with a long presentation of effects and manipulations to manage your audio files. mp3DirectCut helps you if you need to fix some pitch features or just try another effects.
* Direct data copying, no re-encoding
* Non-destructive cut, copy, paste
* Volume change, fading, normalizing for MP3
* MP3 recording/encoding with ACM or Lame
* Fast MPEG visualisation and easy navigation
* AAC support, MP2 support
* Batch processing, Cue Sheet support
* Pause detection, Auto cue by time values
* Track splitting with filename and tag creation
* Trim, Crop, Fast play, Loop play
* ID3v1.1 tag editor, ID3v2 tag keeping
* VU meter, bitrate visualisation
* Command line usage, Unicode support
Mp3DirectCut. Light, fast and doesnt degrade Mp3 files.
Quick and accepts large MP3s
Very handy with quality playback