The 2.2 release of GNU nano continues to add some features while attempting to provide continuity to users of previous versions.
When possible we have elected to make new features disabled by default, as .nanorc and aliasing allows one to easily permanently enable desired features. The following improvemens and features are available in version 2.2 include:
- Customizable key bindings (see the key bindings section of the nanorc man page for more details.
- 'soft' line wrapping (i.e. full line display)
- Full undo/redo support [EXPERIMENTAL]
- Pager support (i.e. reading from stdin)
- Warnings for un-writable files, external modification since opening
- Abortable searching (^C after ^W)
- More syntax highlighting examples (Fortran, objC, OCaml, Makefiles)
- Faster syntax higlighting for complicated regexes.
ver: 2.7.0 / May 20.2016