RJ TextEd app is a full featured text editor, it offers Unicode support, syntax highlighting and code folding. RJ TextEd also offers support for editing HTML and CSS. The program is also completely free.
Some of RJ TextEd's notable options revolve around a hexadecimal editor, external file insertion, spellchecker, incremental search function, word counter/frequency, full screen mode, newline format, the conversion of file encoding methods, and so on. The session can be saved to file for further modifications, and you may export the project to RTF, xHTML or an encrypted file, send it via email or upload it via FTP. Other features of the app let you insert HTML tags, record macros, use a syntax editor and expression evaluator, as well as customize the UI appearance.
RJ TextEd certainly brings forth many useful functions for editing text and source code, regardless of the selected programming language. Thanks to its comprehensive features, yet intuitive workspace, RJ TextEd should be especially appealing to advanced users.
Below is a small list of features available in the program.
* Per-monitor DPI aware.
* Auto completion.
* Code folding.
* Column mode.
* Multi edit and multi select
* Document map
* Annotation bar
* Advanced sorting.
* Handles both ASCII and binary files.
* CSS and HTML wizards.
* Highlighting of colors in CSS/SASS/LESS.
* Advanced color hint that can convert between color formats.
* Dockable panels.
* FTP and SFTP client with synchronization.
* File explorer, text clips, code explorer, project manager...
* Convert between code pages, Unicode formats and text formats.
* Unicode and ANSI code page detection.
* Open/Save UTF-8 encoded files without a signature (BOM).
* Unicode file paths and file names.
* HTML validation, format and repair.
* Tools available like syntax editor, color picker, charmap...
Screenshots RJ TextEd
Beautiful interface, which you can change themes from dark to light and whatever you want.
Too complex. I am a bit afraid that I will accidentally click on something that I shouldnt.
Too much screen space devoted to functions I probably will not use.
Yes, it is complex simply because it so full featured. Dont download if all you need is a basic Notepad replacement. Download if you need a sophisticated editor with customizable language syntax highlighting, auto complete, tag matching, html preview, code folding, ftp edit, bookmarks, project manager with virtual folders, regex & folder-based search/replace, etc etc. The list goes on and on.